Sunday, February 10, 2013

Ready

This blizzard and whatever is left of it are creating an enormous amount of desire for summer in me.

I am ready for summer!

Something about summer just brings sweetness, whether in your mouth when you articulate the word, or in your brain when you conjure up that mental image of a golden sunset followed by a warm and calm night.

The sweetness is real still.

Especially as summer approaches in late April, the searing and passionate scent start to flow in the air and people on the streets begin to free their bodies and let them breathe. Those are the moments I love dearly, almost as much as I love summer itself.

Summer is so much more than just drops of sweats looking like diamonds under rays of sunshine, shades of bronze on thriving bodies of youth bathing in the warmth of air, or the thick, rich and fresh ice-cream melting away on eager tongues while filling those mouths with the icy delight they long for. Summer signifies the passion for life, passion for the freshness and hope that permeate the atmosphere that is baked under one energetic sun, and passion for the precious vacation times and adventures it brings.

For me, summer also means home.

And I must say, at this very moment, with piercing cold wind raging outside my window and the pricking noise from the radiator, I am ready for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment